Simultan03 exploits the idea of audio-visual and socio-cultural Interference , the way in which technology and society give rise to new forms of artistic expression by using the new media.
TERMS OF ENTRY
SIMULTAN03 is open for submissions of innovative works which use technology in a creative, ingenious way or are based on a peculiar, unusual story.
The video section is open to all video artists and not only, who can apply with narratives, documentaries, animations, vj-ing movies and experimental motion graphics.
Those interested may apply with a maximum number of 2 video works, each having a duration which must not exceed 5 minutes.
- 5 blank seconds must be recorded before the video.
- works must be sent in 720x576 Quicktime or avi format, with dv-pal compression and 48kh sound, on CD/DVD(data) or mini DV support.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION
Works will be submitted by mail, together with :
- the filled in and printed application form, dowload >> Word / Pdf
(a separate copy for each work).
- 3-4 still images from each video, in jpg format, 720x576 pixels dimension
- a CV and a photo of the artist
Please submit the material to the following address:
Asociatia Simultan - OP.1 - CP.571, Timisoara , Romania
The application form in Word format must also be sent by e-mail to: application(at)simultan.org
The NEW deadline for the submission of works and applications is
April 16th, 2007 (postmark).
All works will be watched and selected by a jury. Only those accepted will become part of the screening programme. The decision of the jury is final.
Members of the jury: Members of the jury: Alexandru Patatics - media artist,
Daniel Gontz - media artist, Sorin Vreme - visual artist
After the event, a DVD/catalogue will be published about the festival and a documentation will also be available on our website.
Each of the admitted participants will receive DVD/catalogue by the end of the year 2007.
- the organisers reserve the right to use the works in other presentations or partner events with the aim of promoting the Simultan Festival, but not for commercial purposes.
- submitted works will not be returned, but stored in the Simultan Association archive .
- the organisers reserve the right to make changes in the program.
- no entry fee!
For additional information please contact: Levente Kozma,
email: simultan(at)simultan.org, tel: +40-740.300.806