WORKSHOP / Record & Release sessions with Lukatoyboy
— 09 NOV / 16-20H
— 10 NOV / 11-19H
Blind Tape Quartets
Participative and chance dedicated limited tape release project.
Record your 10 minutes and be a part of a surprising quartet!
A suggested guide to Blind Tape Quartets recordings:
A 4-track tape recorder will be ready for you and 10 minutes of your performance.
There will be a microphone and a line input option.
You will be unaware of the people who played before, or will be playing after you.
On the final day, all the recorded cassettes will be presented and offered as a very limited edition.
– bring your own instrument (if you don’t have one, bring whatever you can – we can mike it, and there will be some small instruments to try)
– imagine that you are playing in a quartet, but you can’t hear others while recording your part
– think about your dynamics as a part of a quartet
– silence can be a special friend this time. not everyone should be playing/talking/singing all the time (but the risk is up to you)
– if you are an electronic musician, try limit your output to a certain instrument, not the final mix (maybe you will not be the only one electronic musician in a quartet)
– if you are a writer, a singer, or a voice artist – prepare the text which can fit in 10 minutes
Fascinating project… a 4-track variation on the Surrealist ‘exquisite corpse
– The Wire: Adventures In Modern Music
Blind Tape Quartets cities so far:
Beograd, Berlin, Čakovec, Budapest, Cologne, Hamburg, Vienna, Leipzig, Antwerp, Lausanne, Ljubljana, Mostar, Malmö, Gothenburg, Herceg Novi, Amsterdam, Funchal, Novi Sad, Kragujevac, Coimbra, Zagreb, Athens, Zurich, Fukuoka, Tokyo, Fukuoka, Mexico City, London, Newcastle, The Hague, Basel.